2016 was rich with content, conversation, and camaraderie in our Professional Learning Community blog series! Thousands of educators like you pushed your thinking through reading, sharing, and discussing the videos, articles, book chapters, and more. No doubt students all over the country and even all over the world have received the benefits of your dedication to professional learning.
Let's take a look at some of the most popular posts of 2016!
The Importance of Informal Reading Conferences— On-Demand Course Video with Regie Routman
- The Children in Front of Us — Digital Library Article by Jennifer Serravallo
- New Beginnings for Writers — Webinar clip with Lisa Eickholdt
- Rethinking Classroom Roles — Video with Kristin Ziemke
- Delicate Moments — Digital Library Article by Amy Bauman
- It All Begins With Acquaintance — Video with Smokey Daniels and Sara Ahmed
- The Mathematics of Hope—Moving from Performance to Learning in Mathematics Classrooms — Digital Library Article by Jo Boaler
- Bringing Outside Literacies In — Digital Library Article by Deborah Kelt
- Read Aloud as an Anti-Bigotry Tool — Digital Library Article by Kristin Beers
- Listening as a Teaching Move — Professional Development Catalog-Journal Article by Sara Ahmed
- Building Community by Focusing on the Whole Child — Digital Library Article by Katrina Foster
- Using Student Talk as Research — On-Demand Course Video with Jennifer Serravallo
We will continue on our path of lifelong professional learning as we head into 2017, so be sure to sign up to receive the posts via email each week.
To find out more about all of the amazing PD options available to you Online, Off-Site, and On-Site, follow the links below:
♦ Get a subscription to the Heinemann Digital Library!
♦ Browse and sample our video-rich On-Demand Courses.
♦ Find out which authors are near you this Winter/Spring 2017 for One Day workshops—see the list here!
♦ Energize your district around timely, important topics with author keynotes and on-site consulting. Learn more here!