"What should a student's day look like? Reading fascinating materials. Doing quick writing pieces. Sharing ideas. Responding to others. Discussing the big concepts, patterns and processes of the discipline. Debating controversies. Wanting to know more. Becoming an inquirer in the field."
-Harvey "Smokey" Daniels and Nancy Steineke
This January, take your curious adult-self (colleagues, too!) to Santa Fe, New Mexico for this Intensive Professional Learning Institute for K–12 Educators. You will experience everything you want our students to do, firsthand, while also making the practical translations to back-home realities.
Led by five outstanding authors and consultants, Sara Ahmed, Smokey Daniels, Cornelius Minor, Nancy Steineke, and Kristin Ziemke, you will deepen your learning in these strands:
- Reading and Writing—Lessons that develop deeper thinking, build knowledge, and invite kids to engage with the world.
- Teaching with Inquiry—Four types of student inquiries and 10 ways to find time for them.
- Social-Academic Lessons—Explicit lessons in creating a supportive climate of classroom harmony, productive discussion, and responsible small-group work all year long.
- Just-Right Technology—The right tools for the job—selecting and using technologies that truly enhance thinking and interaction in the classroom.
- Including Everyone—Supporting English language learners, students with special needs, kids who are shy or introverted, and those who struggle.
- Instructional Leadership—Guidance on how to promote change and implement best practice teaching for principals, coaches, and curriculum specialists.
Group Discounts are available!