On Tuesday, August 25th we had the chance to continue learning from Kristin Ziemke and Katie Muhtaris in their fourth Facebook live event since schools began to close mid-March.
As educators on-the-ground (or remote!) with schools, and coauthors of Amplify! Digital Teaching and Learning in the K-6 Classroom and Read the World: Rethinking Literacy for Empathy and Action in a Digital Age, Katie and Kristin are experts in the field of centering pedagogically sound learning and teaching with digital tools.
More Learning Opportunities with Kristin and Katie
- Learn about Structures to Support Agency and view two previous Facebook lives from the spring: LINK
- Teach Students Strategies for Reading Digital Media: Post #1 in a free series of minilessons from Katie and Kristin: LINK
- Teach Students How to Learn from––Not Just Watch––Video: Post #2 in a free series of minilessons from Katie and Kristin: LINK
- Hear a podcast with Katie and Kristin about their book Read the World, pre-COVID: LINK
- Learn about their upcoming 3-part live webinar series this fall: LINK
- Check out their Distance Learning Support website, updated often: LINK
Kristin Ziemke and Katie Muhtaris are coauthors of the popular books Read the World: Rethinking Literacy for Empathy and Action in a Digital Age, and Amplify: Digital Teaching and Learning in the K-6 Classroom. Through their published texts, online work, in-person workshops and consulting, they take a balanced approach to technology in the classroom with a focus on tools and strategies that will best amplify effective teaching and learning. Kristin and Katie offer a wide range of experience as classroom teachers, coaches, and leaders in the field of thoughtful educational technology in the literacy classroom.