Heinemann is delighted to announce ForwardED: Forward, Together in Education – a series by educators for educators, featuring authors and teacher practitioners in conversation about some of the biggest challenges facing the education community as we return to the classroom this fall. We’ll look at topics in literacy, leadership, and equity, and examine the boundaries of new legislation across the country, the intersection of research and classroom experience, ways to help kids navigate many different experiences of the Covid-19 pandemic, and how to teach and lead through this back-to-school season in a way that centers the best interests of children. This free, online “slow conference” will feature forty-minute to hour-long, evening sessions offered weekly, beginning the week of August 23rd and running through the end of October. Join thought leaders and educators like Cornelius Minor, Lucy Calkins, P. David Pearson, Kristi Mraz, Bob Kim, Steph Harvey, Chad Everett, Sara Ahmed, Sonja Cherry-Paul, Irene Fountas & Gay Su Pinnell, and many more as we seek to ask challenging questions, offer concrete guidance, and move our collective practice forward, together.
We’ll kick off the series with two jam-packed weeks of keynote sessions followed by an additional weekly session every Thursday at 7:30 pm ET through the end of October. New presenters will be announced a week in advance and all sessions will be broadcast via Facebook Live on the Heinemann Facebook page. Following the live event, session recordings will be posted to the Heinemann website and YouTube channel.
You can stay up to date on all past and upcoming sessions at heinemann.com/ForwardTogether.
- Tuesday, August 24 at 7:30 pm ET: Sustaining a Committment to Inclusive Education in a Politicized Climate featuring Robert Kim, Cornelius Minor, and Kass Minor
- Wednesday, August 25 at 7:30 pm ET: Leveraging What We Know About Learning, Children, and Literacy featuring P. David Pearson and Kristine Mraz
- Thursday, August 26 at 7:30 pm ET: Leading with Curiosity Before Conclusions featuring Sara K. Ahmed and Chad Everett
- Tuesday, August 31 at 7:30 pm ET: Antiracist Teaching: 5 Essential Questions For All Educators In The Wake of COVID-19 featuring Dr. Sonja Cherry-Paul and Aeriale Johnson
- Thursday, September 2 at 7:30 pm ET: Writing as the Foundation for Moving Forward Together featuring Lucy Calkins and Stacey Franklin.
- Thursday, September 9 at 7:30 pm ET: From Vision to Action in Leadership and Literacy during this Challenging Time featuring Irene Fountas, Gay Su Pinnell, and Cornelius Minor
- Thursday, September 16 at 7:30 pm ET: Inquiry of Self, Inquiry of the World featuring
Stephanie Harvey and Izzie Tauheed
- Thursday, September 23 at 7:30 pm ET: Sara K. Ahmed and Harvey "Smokey" Daniels (stay tuned for details!)
- Thursday, September 30 (TBA)
- Thursday, October 7 (TBA)
- Thursday, October 14 (TBA)
- Thursday, October 21 (TBA)
- Thursday, October 28 (TBA)