How do we best prepare children to write for real life?
The CCSS is demanding more nonfiction writing, but how do teachers respond in a way that allows them to hold true to what children need? Here’s something you can use with your students tomorrow.
In their six-session online course, Linda and Tony provide specific strategies that will increase children’s writing output and elevate their craft as you help them see nonfiction writing as a tool to express wonder about their world.
• Discover strategies for ensuring writers’ success with nonfiction
• Evaluate instruction against CCSS expectations and best practices
• Reflect on your practice and learn new instructional strategies
• Learn how and when to use these strategies across the curriculum
• Engage students in extended units that require research and writing
Want to learn more about the Heinemann Digital Campus? Start your free 30-day trial now. http://www.heinemann.com/digitalcampus/default.aspx